Saturday, April 5, 2014

           Yo to you certain people of the world, Two years later....I've decided to start posting my favorite LP listens from my personal collection of 70s greatness. Expect much fusion, prog, synthbased shit. Yaknow, the beginning of experimenting with electronics and instruments is wonderful thing. combining the two was a ridiculous progression in the music world. Expect to learn and hear tons of early electronic madness.... Im going to start this one off with something that's new to me and my wall of great listens. Found it today down in Providence hooked up by my old jazz friend Steve, he said "You would like that off-stuff...." as I hand him this silver shined LP with a man with thick rimmed glasses staring at you. It turns out to be a harder find, being on 1750 Arch; a self-run label by the artist himself and a few close others. Of course Steve didnt know these things and just gave a listen; it was a little too new jazz for him. Nothing that Discogs won't do for the unaware seeking awareness. This is one and the best of the few jazz funk/fusion spiritual LPs by a keyboardist named Denny Zeitlin; with drummer George Marsh and bassist Mel Graves partnered aside him. This is hands down out the the 50 top keyboard jams i've heard, and I just bought this record. Enjoy "Expansion."



copy and paste this link

                drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cjUcA18yQ3WWUyQmdTSl9tWHc/edit?usp=sharing